Opengl example

I have *some* of the ports. If you want a specific one, email me. Unfortunately, I don't have any higher than lesson 36. The ports that are fullscreen, use DrawSprocket which for some reason I could never get to run. Of course, I have NEVER figured Drawsprocket out... kinda Apple's half-hearted try to please game developers...

CMagicPoker: Yeah, I know. I always thought that the ports were good too.
Iceman: Sorry, I too want the cel-shading tutorial but don't have it. Sad

Does anyone know if the new Nehe CD has the Mac ports? I would doubt it, but maybe he really wants people to buy the CD Grin
Quote this message in a reply
that cell-shading tutorial I've still got on a cd somewhere. if anybody wants to be emailed a copy (no binaries though) just email and I'll find it.

[edit] I may (stress the 'may') also have the rest of NeHe's tutorials; I've either got them all or none of them at all though. I'll go look for them as well if anybody's interested.

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Griggs
Unregistered

We would be very happy to host the Mac ports of NeHe's tutorials. But only if we wouldn't be stepping on any toes by doing so. If someone wants to contact Jeff Molofee (I think thats his name) at NeHe and ask him about this. E-Mail me webmaster@idevgames.com with any info you can get.
Well I had a bunch of examples from Nehe I was going to share...but..

Nehe.gamedev.net claims to have all the ports back online ... the Mac ones for the few that I tried didn't seem to be there, but some of the others (including glut which seems to be fine for examples) did work.

Try it! They're bundles of fun.

-P
They don't have the cel-shading lesson in either GLUT or Mac could someone e-mail it to me I tried e-mailing one of you but you never responded. I think I'd probably perfer GLUT though.

Iceman
Iceman, I did recieve your email, just when I tried to reply I got fatal 'time out' errors (for three days Rolleyes ); I'll try again...

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Hmm weird my e-mail is jonwhitejamos@yahoo.com if that doesn't work try jonwhite@mac.com.

sorry,
Iceman
Feanor
Unregistered

When you guys talk about cel-shading do you mean like cartoons with flat colours and black lines around them? There's a Cocoa demo here:

http://homepage.mac.com/joshuadavis/

along with other stuff. (That's not me, but Josh has some cool stuff, including SMea Kit, his cool and ever-evolving Cocoa 3D object library).

Brent
Looks very cool I like it. Grin

Iceman