Quartz and Animation

Cloke
Unregistered

I am trying to do animation with Quartz. I can move objects around on the screen fine, but am unable to animate them. Does anyone know of a good example on how to do this (C/C++) or have a suggestion on where to start. With QD I would load a frame strip into a GWorld and then just move a rect around the GWorld for each step in the animation. I want to use a similar technique with Quartz.

Thanks,
Quote this message in a reply
jefftkd
Unregistered

Take a look at the Cocoa Sprite Kit. I think it is still under the headlines here at iDevGames. If not, here is a direct link Grin

http://www.sugarcubesoftware.com/csk/index.php

It's new, and looks really good (and free).

Jeff Cool
cloke
Unregistered

I've been looking at the Cocoa Sprite Kit and it is pretty cool. But, Im looking for a non-Cocoa way of rotating a Quartz context. Since yesterday I've got some rotation, but the center point is the bottom left corner of the context. I'm trying to create a rotation from the center of an image.
M.J.
Unregistered

I think what you've got to do is translate your object to the origin, do the rotation, then translate back to the object's location. The rotations always rotate around the origin (bottom left corner of the view). So if you don't translate first, you end up moving your object as well as rotating. I've only done it in Cocoa (using NSAffineTransform), so I can't help with a non-Cocoa way of doing it.

HTH
M.J.
Pazolli
Unregistered

Take a look at the Inkubator Project. It's not C/C++, but if you're going to use Quartz, you should probably be using Objective-C.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help for drawing text with Quartz Terrydil 2 4,199 Oct 21, 2007 06:59 PM
Last Post: Terrydil