XCode 3.2.3 debugger only showing assembler issue

I have experienced a weird issue with XCode 3.2.3 where only some (arbitrary) files allow you to debug into them. In many cases I only see assembler when debugging these files. This does not happen under 3.2.2.

I've switched back to 3.2.2 for now, but due to having already upgraded my iPod, I can't compile for the hardware any more. It's - frankly - a complete disaster.

I've deleted/moved/reset/all the usual malarky. No effect.

Anyone else experience this. Anyone have workarounds?

http://www.fluttermind.com
Fluttermind - Games for Everyone
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
Check this perhaps?

[Image: upshot_sG4Y8jxG.png]

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Yup - I'd looked at that, thanks. T'was set to Source Only.

I found a 'fix', eventually. I had to hand-delete XCode (as per the read-me files) and reinstall rather than install over the top. The problem has magically vanished now, despite my not changing a single project setting.

FYI: It might be worth noting that there are several nasty problems if you upgrade to Snow-Leopard and XCode 3.2.3 at the same time. Project settings (especially library and framework directories) show up as 'clear' in the project file and have to be hand deleted from the .xcodeproj files before they work.

Sage
Hah. Irony. I just upgraded to SL and the new iPhone SDK. (drug my feet long enough I figured)

Exact same problem...

Shockingly poor, isn't it?
My 'fix' eventually stopped working, so I am now developing in 3.2.2 and then deploying using 3.2.3. Ho hum. Roll on XCode 4.0. I'm sure upgrading to that will be painless. :-/

Sage
Yeah, I dunno what the issue is. It's only happening in the one project of mine. No idea why, it's a brand new project too.

(Jul 27, 2010 11:07 AM)Skorche Wrote:  Yeah, I dunno what the issue is. It's only happening in the one project of mine. No idea why, it's a brand new project too.

A new project? Hmm... well bang goes that particular theory of mine. Fail

Sage
Well... A bit of a bizarre fix. I guess there is a problem with the new Xcode/GDB where funny (non-ascii I guess) characters in the file paths prevent it from finding the source files.

The project in question had no funny characters, but was on the desktop. By moving it to the same directory as another project that does work, it also now works. Then I moved it back to the desktop and it works fine there to... I honestly changed absolutely nothing else other than opening the project and launching the debugger.

So maybe it's a dumb suggestion, but try moving the project somewhere else. Maybe Xcode is caching the path incorrectly or some garbage like that.
Then it stopped working again... Then I moved it back to the "working" directory, deleted the build/ directory and rebuilt. Now it works again. This is super bizarre and frustrating.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Quartz Text showing up mirrored and rotated aerospaceman 4 4,024 Jun 21, 2009 08:18 AM
Last Post: aerospaceman
  YouTube video embedded in page not showing on iPhone monteboyd 4 5,600 Apr 6, 2009 02:02 AM
Last Post: monteboyd
  debugger exited with status 1 jeonghyunhan 1 2,389 Apr 3, 2009 11:48 AM
Last Post: kodex
  Xcode debugger kills me! jaguard 5 5,562 Nov 21, 2008 09:30 AM
Last Post: jaguard
  Display strings in xcode debugger captainfreedom 0 3,995 Oct 19, 2008 11:36 AM
Last Post: captainfreedom