UIView opaque blending problems

Nibbie
Hey there - first post :]
I have been developing my first iPhone game and I've run into a slight problem that's related to opaque=YES.

I've gone down the objective C++ route using the OpenGL es 1.1 template in Xcode and my wrapper. My problem occurs when I blend my png textures. The game is 2D mostly consisting of quads with textures on them - the textures being spacecraft with faint glows around them. Now the textures draw perfectly but the glows are almost invisible - this is with both

glBlend(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA) & glBlend(GL_ONE, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA)

However I found that the blending worked out properly when I changed opaque=NO. Now I get framerate issues when multitasking so I'm guess this isn't very optimised. So my question why does opaque mode effect my blending in OpenGL, and how can I avoid disabling it.

Thanks alot!
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  UIView Subclass not displaying controls... flipflop 7 7,027 May 13, 2010 01:16 PM
Last Post: flipflop
  How to access EAGLView/UIView functions from C? Rasterman 10 6,160 Apr 8, 2010 10:47 AM
Last Post: Rasterman
  Mixing OpenGL & UIKit and UIView drawing... Fraggle 7 9,560 Feb 3, 2009 05:05 AM
Last Post: ozirus