XCode, App and Data files

Apprentice
So, I have been building my game on the Mac using XCode, SDL and OpenGL for a while now and I am actually in danger of completing one. It suddenly occurs to me that I don't actually know how to package one up. By that I mean how do I get the final App package to contain the data and get the App to read from it. Up till now I have set the absolute path. Any help/tips on this will be helpful!
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
Dump your assets folder into your Xcode project. Use "Create Folder References...". Xcode will copy that folder into the Resources directory of the application package (YourGame.app/Contents/Resources/YourAssetsFolder). Then you could reference it relative to the current working directory (or change the directory) which can be done with plain C, or you could use a Cocoa method to get at the Resources folder path and use that, or SDL might have something to get at the Resources path as well (I'm not sure).
Apprentice
I have a copy of XCode 3 unleashed that I have been working through in order to solve this little issue and your one little post cut through all that like a hot knife through butter. Thanks!
I don't trust XCode to include my resources on its own - it tends not to notice when they change. For that reason I use a custom build phase to run rsync to copy my resources into the bundle for me.
Code:
rsync -r [i]ProjectFolder/Resources AppBundlePath/Contents/Resources[/i]
Are you using any .dylibs? If so, there may be some special requirements.

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
Apprentice
I am using one dylib and have setup the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to point at the library concerned. Took a bit of digging to find that one too.