Bundle Identifier used by another app

Hey,

I am in the process of submitting my binarys to the apple store.
Now I'm going for the "Full" and the "Lite" Version.

As supposed by the open feint - support here:
http://www.openfeint.com/ofdeveloper/ind...cle/000052

I added a flag in GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS that is "__IS_FREE_GAME__", so I can organize both apps in one xcode-project. (So I can easily switch and things I fix in the lite version I don't have to fix again in the paid one)

Now after I submitted the paid version I also wanted to submit the lite one, but I get the following error:
"The binary you uploaded was invalid. The bundle identifier is already in use by a different software package."

How do you guys organize Paid/Lite versions with Preprocessor flags? I mean there are hundreds of Open Feint apps, it should be possible somehow.

(oh yeah, my bundle identifier is "de.firstapp", for both the paid and the free version)
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
your bundle identifier must be different for the two apps...
Yes, I thought so too.

But then Open Feint wouldn't recognize both apps as one anymore, so players couldn't use their achievements they earned in the "lite" version when they change to the paid one.
But there obviously is a way of doing that, since others have done this before me!
So I got an answer from the OPen Feint Customer Support.
It appears they are not actually using the Bundle Identifier you have to give them, so you can also use several games (with different bundle Id's) with the same Open Feint ID.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Problem with reading bundle text file momostu 4 3,173 Feb 24, 2010 02:05 PM
Last Post: momostu