Pawns for iPad/iPhone

Thanks for the offer! It's true that some of my existing testers have burnt out and have stopped giving me feedback. But I think I have a releasable 1.0 version. If you don't mind, I'll keep you in my back pocket for the next version (bug fixes, acheivements, Lite version.)

Thanks!

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Quote this message in a reply
Go Pawns 1.0! Grin
(Oct 22, 2010 07:09 PM)MattDiamond Wrote:  Thanks for the offer! It's true that some of my existing testers have burnt out and have stopped giving me feedback. But I think I have a releasable 1.0 version. If you don't mind, I'll keep you in my back pocket for the next version (bug fixes, acheivements, Lite version.)

Thanks!

No problem. Let me know when you release – I look forward to playing Pawns on my iPad. Smile

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Well this is irksome. "Pawns" is apparently taken, even though there are no apps by that name currently in the US store. I should have created the app profile long ago, I guess.

The plan was for it to be Universal, so I don't think I can use "Pawns HD". Other ideas:

Pawn Master
Pawns! (i.e. add punctuation)
Pawnz
iPawns
Pawned
Pwnd
Puzzle Pawns
Pawn (i.e. singular)
Doodle Pawns (joking)
Pawn Rush (also a joke)
Epic Pawns (okay I'll stop now)

Comments welcome. I'm leaning toward the first two.

(Oct 26, 2010 06:33 PM)MattDiamond Wrote:  Doodle Pawns (joking) ... Epic Pawns (okay I'll stop now)

LOL

Pawned seems to appeal to me.
(Oct 26, 2010 10:40 PM)AnotherJake Wrote:  Pawned seems to appeal to me.

Thanks! I've also gotten a few votes on twitter and from family members. Tally so far:
Pawnz x 3
Pawned x 2
Pwns x 1

I'm happy with all of these. In any case I plan to add "pawns" as a keyword or tag to make it more search-friendly. Also: "chess", "puzzle", and "sex".

FYI, Pawns! has been submitted to the App Store. (The name change I made was adding an exclamation mark.)

While I wait for approval I've started adding OpenFeint.

Version 1.0 is out! I posted it in Announcements: http://www.idevgames.com/forums/thread-8293.html
Work on version 1.1 has begun.

Thanks everybody!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Skate King : A finger skateboarding game for the iPhone and iPad sharptoothstudios 0 2,128 Sep 7, 2012 10:06 AM
Last Post: sharptoothstudios
  Network Defender - wannabe iPhone/iPad game m3xican 11 14,082 Dec 12, 2010 01:48 PM
Last Post: m3xican
  Upcoming iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Game FiveAmStudio 3 5,926 Sep 5, 2010 08:11 PM
Last Post: FiveAmStudio