co-processor offset out of range

Compilers are programs too. The difference between your program and a system (bad term, I know) one is that the system one tends to be written more strictly.
Quote this message in a reply
... and a big difference between your bug and a compiler bug is that when the compiler screws up, it potentially screws *everybody's* program up. And worse, binaries generated by a buggy compiler are potentially more vulnerable to security exploits. Plus, unlike a system API where a security patch can be issued, programs compiled with a buggy compiler which creates a known security problem need to be patched by each vendor, so if a vendor is unaware that such a problem existed in the first place, it will continue to be a security threat until recompiled with a non-buggy compiler.

Compiler bugs can be downright evil, which is why they are usually escalated to serious right away. This is also why it is important to report them.

I highly doubt this particular bug is anything more than annoying, but I don't know the particulars of what it's doing internally, so better safe than sorry.
Nibbie
I used to run in to this bug quite often. I figured it had been fixed since I haven't seen it in a long time. In my experience, this bug was tripped by whitespace or other formatting issues that confused the compiler. These are some notes I wrote to myself in case I ever ran in to this issue again:

* illegal value for co-processor offset - if you get this bug, look near the line number given after "standard input" in the error, in the corresponding file.
Last time I got this bug was in Collision.cpp. It seems like there just weren't enough lines in that block of code (near line 600). Changing the following
line from this:
if( !bLinesIntersect ) return false;
to this:
if( !bLinesIntersect )
{
return false;
}
fixed the problem. Another example - change this:
if( some_test )
{
return true;
}
return false;
to this:
if( some_test )
{
return true;
}
else
{
return false;
}
Another example - change this:
bool MyFunction()
{
float bFound;
if(...)
{
bFound = true;
}
return bFound;
}
to this:
bool MyFunction()
{
bool bFound;
if(...)
{
bFound = true;
}
return bFound;
}
Apprentice
Another cause of this error I discovered today is -falign-loops=16. I removed this from "Other C Flags" and the error went away.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  touches offset? Jamie W 11 11,833 Aug 18, 2011 10:23 AM
Last Post: MattDiamond
  Offset the text in a UITextField??? Toontingy 0 4,702 Apr 25, 2010 08:44 PM
Last Post: Toontingy
  do you know info about iPad and new A4 processor? riruilo 26 11,694 Feb 17, 2010 12:50 PM
Last Post: warmi