Mac App Store

⌘-R in Chief
I still haven't really opened it at all. Smile I accidentally clicked on the icon thinking it was iTunes, saw the hideous toolbar, played with that a little, and quit it.
Quote this message in a reply
I removed it from my dock and promptly forgot it existed.
Luminary
I've spent about $40, including at least one app every day since release Sad

On topic for the site, my favorite purchase so far is The Path. Definitely not a game for everybody (some people might conceivably not consider it a game at all), but it continues to intrigue me.
(Jan 11, 2011 01:12 PM)SethWillits Wrote:  I accidentally clicked on the icon thinking it was iTunes
Damn thing stole my iTunes slot too! Grrr.

I downloaded Twitter and Sketchbook (the free one for now, but got Pro on iPad and love it). Haven't opened it up since - let me know when a heavily discounted Final Cut shows up...
(Jan 11, 2011 01:12 PM)SethWillits Wrote:  I still haven't really opened it at all. Smile I accidentally clicked on the icon thinking it was iTunes, saw the hideous toolbar, played with that a little, and quit it.

For me, I opened it once to see what I had to restart my mac for, saw the hideous toolbar, and quit immediately. I haven't touched it since. At least Steam didn't even *try* to be native!
Luminary
At least the MAS *works* on a regular basis Rasp
⌘-R in Chief
QuickPick is now in the store.

Still making a webpage for it...
Apprentice
I love the App Store personally.... although I have a sneaking suspicion that my credit card hates it.

So far I have brought BattleBears-1, Let's Golf 2, PAC-MAN, Pinball HD, and Puzzle Quest.
Apprentice
I've browsed it a bit, downloaded a couple of things, that's about it. I've discovered a couple of nice pieces of new software, but I'll opt for buying direct from the developer mostly as they'll get a better deal out of it.

I think most of us are not typical users/App store customers though so I guess we'll see how it goes. Ponder
There was a huge surge initially, but it looks like sales are about 10% of what they were on day one. Everything about the launch of the Mac App Store smells exactly like the launch of the iOS app store though. As long as Apple continues to sell more and more Macs, the future looks very bright.

It's a great time to be a Mac developer.

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
⌘-R in Chief
(Jan 16, 2011 12:42 PM)reubert Wrote:  There was a huge surge initially, but it looks like sales are about 10% of what they were on day one.

Cry

I missed out because of linking to a private API I wasn't even using. I could have been extremely happy with 10x...
(Jan 16, 2011 12:42 PM)reubert Wrote:  There was a huge surge initially, but it looks like sales are about 10% of what they were on day one.

I don't know about that... I've sold more than .3 copies after the first day... not much more but just saying! Sneaky
Huh, looks like the Mac App Store has had its first high-profile success story: Pixelmator Grosses $1 Million on the Mac App Store

Mark Bishop
Sage
How so? They haven't exactly posted past numbers to compare with. If it was successful before, it's not entirely surprising that it would be successful again.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Luminary
Whether they were making that much before or not, $1m in 20 days is nothing to sneeze at!