current app approval lead time?

Nibbie
Just curious what folks were seeing with app approval lead time over the last few weeks. Either initial requests getting accepted or getting approval after an initial rejection.

Thanks!
Mathew
Quote this message in a reply
My game Silverfish was submitted on Oct. 31 and approved this past Monday - so 7 business days. I'd expect longer waits as the December rush approaches however.
Yeah, we were about 7 days too with Devil Voice, which came out on Oct 14.
Nibbie
Thanks folks - in cases of getting a rejected app re-assessed, have you noticed a shorter turnaround or is it back to the end of the line?
9 days for a first-time submission. "Waiting for review" for about 7 days, "In review" for 2 days.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
About 10 days in total - but the app has shown up in the wrong category!

Instead of Health and Fitness it's come up in Entertainment!
Weird. Isn't game category something you can just edit in the app's metadata in iTunes Connect?

If the metadata says one thing and it still shows up in Entertainment, then I guess let Apple know. Or maybe try making a small change to the metadata, see if you can get it to update (note: not sure how long it would take to propagate to the store.) I've read that different App Store servers update at different times, so I'd also doublecheck that the problem hasn't fixed itself after a while.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Apple does change categories if they think you picked the wrong category when they reviewed it.

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work
I've got a feeling that might be it. It's an app that measures your heart rate using the iPhone's camera and in the my description I make it clear that it's just for fun.

Maybe they saw that and decided to move it out of Health and Fitness and into entertainment.

Tried contacting them twice, but no response. Not even the usual we've received your email and will get back to you in X working days.

(Nov 17, 2010 11:03 PM)AndyKorth Wrote:  Apple does change categories if they think you picked the wrong category when they reviewed it.
Nibbie
ive been getting 7-10 days.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to animate transition from current position? jeonghyunhan 0 2,395 Apr 12, 2009 08:50 PM
Last Post: jeonghyunhan