skeleton for a board game

i'd like to discuss about how to implement a board game skeleton to make it reusable for more games of the same type. so...how to organize classes, what classes do, which methods, ecc...
i use openglES and objective-c
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Write two and see what you can share between them.
sorry, i haven't understood the answer
The suggestion was to write two different board games first, and analyze them after the fact to see what common code exists. Trying to figure out a generic solution to something like this ahead of time without basing it on direct experience tends not to be productive, because you end up writing code based on speculation rather than what you know you actually need.

Perhaps more relevant to what I presume is your situation, if you want to write a board game and think you might want to write another one after, don't worry about the second one until the first one is written.
now is all clear. thanks for the tips
If your games are going to be very similar but skinned differently and tweaked slightly, such as a sci-fi game compared to a fantasy game, makes sure to keep copies of your bare-bones code, before you've added all the sounds and art. If you ensure that you can go back and easily tweak numbers (2d6 here instead of 1d6) and that it is clean, then you can reuse a lot of the elements for your next incarnation. It seems like organization is key, so that you're not wasting time trying to backtrack and remember, instead, moving forward with drop-in assets and design balance.

Original Music and Sound Design for Video Games
http://www.harrymack.com
(Nov 30, 2010 11:50 AM)HMaudio Wrote:  keep copies of your bare-bones code

Even better if you use a proper version control system, like svn or git.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Board Game Design ahnona84 0 2,666 Oct 31, 2011 11:54 PM
Last Post: ahnona84
  Rotating around a piece in a board game StealthyCoin 2 3,549 Feb 10, 2007 03:23 PM
Last Post: StealthyCoin
  Question on AI and board games Taxxodium 3 3,931 Oct 8, 2004 01:44 PM
Last Post: Taxxodium
  Board Game idea...needs coder CaptKevMan 2 3,651 Apr 11, 2003 05:06 PM
Last Post: CaptKevMan