Xcode dependancies

Hi all,

Is it just me that finds fairly frequently when I alter a file and compile; it doesn't compile and just runs the previous build on the emulator?
It's becoming frustrating; as obviously I alter code and don't actually run it!
I am forced to keep track of how many files I have altered and make sure when it compiles that in the bottom left corner it matches up (e.g. compiling 3 of 4 etc.)

Anyone else experiencing this??

Cheers
Quote this message in a reply
Preferences->Building->For Unsaved Files->Always Save
Hi,

I have that set already.

Cheers
⌘-R in Chief
Alter a code file, or a resource file like an image or a sound file? Xcode still doesn't always correctly copy modified resources into the built product. I have never have trouble with code though.
I've never had any issues with code either. Try reinstalling the SDK?
Alex
(Dec 7, 2010 01:12 PM)SethWillits Wrote:  Xcode still doesn't always correctly copy modified resources into the built product. I have never have trouble with code though.

I find recent versions are much better at this. Haven't had a problem using folder references recently for example, though it still won't delete resources that you've removed/renamed, which can cause some grief.

@markhula Not sure what the problem might be then. "Always Save" seems to be working fine here. Are you using some crazy file permissions or working off a server or anything out of the ordinary?
Hi all,

No everything is "normal"
It's strange. I can alter a file go and build/run and instead it's just goes to linking and then running in the simulator.
If I edit it again sometimes still the same problem. But if I edit another file I then get 2 compiles.
It doesn't happen all the time but I would say maybe as much as 30%.
So when I've fixed a bug and it appears I haven't I have to make sure it compiled ok.
Never had any problem with previous xcode releases.
It is strange! :-)