mic blow detection vs very high voice

i'm using AVAudioPlayer peakPowerForChannel, averegePowerForChannel.
1) blowing into the mic produce a max power
2) very high sound produce a max power

can i ditinguish between a sound produced by a blow on a mic and a very high sound produced by voice?

thanks
Quote this message in a reply
i have tested it.
bur have some problem, perhaps not solveble...
a constant voice or noise (not blow) of constant power>0.95 is detected like a blow...
the filter is based on power, so i think it cannot recognize power from noise or voice, and blowing in the mic
A blow of air and a voice make very different audio patterns. The air blow is most likened to white noise, and profiles as a large block of volume-maxed audio data, whereas the voice even at high pitches, (unless screamed), makes a more wavey, distinctive pattern. You can see the differences in any audio program that draws the audio waves such as in Sound Forge.

In general, an air blow into the mic maxes out the volume and you get a chunk of terrible data, and you can agree it doesn't sound pretty if you capture it. A voice won't do that unless they are screaming, so if you can distinguish between something that maxes out a huge chunk of volume compared to something that does only a little at a time, you can train the players to stop screaming into the mic with their voice and to talk, even in a high pitched voice (there is a difference between pitch and volume), at a lower volume. People don't need to make a voice noise that loud. A hum or talking should never sound as loud as a mic blow. Hope this helps!

Original Music and Sound Design for Video Games
http://www.harrymack.com
many thanks for all clear explanations!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  there is a way to recognize vocals from voice? sefiroths 6 8,418 Sep 24, 2011 12:38 PM
Last Post: sefiroths