Testing Game Center Before Submitting App

Apprentice
This is my first game, so I'm a bit confused over the submission process. I want to add game center support to my game, but I don't want to submit it yet for approval (because it isn't done yet). How do I do this? I created the App ID and it shows Game Center "enabled" under the App ID info page, but where would I actually add the achievements, high score levels, etc.? Reading the docs, they say you need click the "Manage Game Center" button. But I think this button is only available after you have added your App (but I can't do that because I don't want to release it yet).

I must be misunderstanding this process. Can I add an app without releasing it? When I go to "Add New App" it wants all the information for release including screenshots and release date.

The answer is probably obvious to someone who has already gone through the process, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
Adding all the screenshots and description can (and should) be done well before you are ready to release. Set the release date to months in the future to be safe.

There really is no danger of accidentally releasing it too soon. Once YOU decide that it's ready, you click a button that says "Ready to Submit Binary". Then you submit the binary for Apple's review. When you upload I think it'll ask you once last time if you want it to go up on the store as soon as they are done reviewing it, or if you want to manually throw the switch yourself.

Then Apple reviews it for 7-10 days (estimate, for a 1.0 release. Patches often go quicker.). While that's going on, you can still yank the binary if you want to cancel the process and start over.

(A recommended procedure is to keep the release date well in the future until it is approved, then you manually set it to today's date or tomorrow's. This is so your game appears on the What's New list in the store. If you set the date to "today" when you submit, it'll go live in the store as soon as Apple has approved it, but the store will see that the release date is in the past and it won't show up in What's New.)

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Apprentice
Great, thanks! I thought that it would automatically be submitted for review after adding the game.

Just to confirm: the screenshots, icon, description, etc. can be edited after adding the game? (some of this stuff is not necessarily finalized)
Most things can be edited. A few cannot, such as the game category, or the What's New notes (which are set for each version you release and cannot be changed afterwards.)

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Game Center and iAd integration to an Opengl iort 1 3,448 Oct 8, 2012 10:27 AM
Last Post: SethWillits
  Help! Came Center is messing up my view! Jamie W 1 3,128 May 7, 2012 10:45 AM
Last Post: Jamie W
  Testing Game Analytics BrianR 1 2,566 Nov 16, 2011 12:04 PM
Last Post: skyhawk
  website for submitting an app Bommbomm 3 5,553 Jul 4, 2011 03:03 PM
Last Post: bdsowers
  questions on submitting an app Bommbomm 4 5,917 May 21, 2011 07:09 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie