Apple Payment.

Nibbie
hi guys! Pardon me as i am quite new to the scene, i have tried browsing through the apple resource however unable to get full access to some of the resources as i am a newbie. Hence would like to ask various experience developer a few question:

1. For in-app purchases, does apple get a cut of it as well? Or does it goes 100% to your pocket?

2. For in-app purchase, what are the kind of products, services that you are allowed to offer to your users?

3. Just to confirm this, after you sign up as a developer, is there any limits to the number of apps you are allowed to upload and is there any cost involved for uploading the paid apps?

4. How does iAd work? And how much do we get from iAds?

All forms of help is deeply appreciated!! Thanks in advance! LOL
Quote this message in a reply
(Jan 16, 2011 03:07 AM)Sn0wM0nkey Wrote:  1. For in-app purchases, does apple get a cut of it as well? Or does it goes 100% to your pocket?

Apple gets the same as if it were an app sale.

(Jan 16, 2011 03:07 AM)Sn0wM0nkey Wrote:  2. For in-app purchase, what are the kind of products, services that you are allowed to offer to your users?

Basically the same as stuff you can sell as an app.

Something to keep in mind is that there are two ways to deliver content: It is far more complicated to deliver downloadable content yourself, as you must provide your own servers, etc. Most IAP content is already contained in the original app as served by Apple and simply "unlocked" when purchased. If the users "re-download" the app then IAP content is treated the same way and they can "repurchase" it without paying anything. Since the content is already contained in the app and Apple serves the app, then the burden remains with Apple. If you deliver it yourself then you need to take care of a lot of details and bandwidth on your end. Therefore I would recommend that you plan on doing the "unlock" method of IAP delivery.

(Jan 16, 2011 03:07 AM)Sn0wM0nkey Wrote:  3. Just to confirm this, after you sign up as a developer, is there any limits to the number of apps you are allowed to upload and is there any cost involved for uploading the paid apps?

No.

(Jan 16, 2011 03:07 AM)Sn0wM0nkey Wrote:  4. How does iAd work? And how much do we get from iAds?

Not sure about this one. We haven't tried it yet. I seem to recall Apple takes %40 on iAd.
Yes, 40% to Apple, 60% to you for iAds. Ads are also limited to the US and possibly the usual few special regions (UK is among them). You won't get ads at all in other regions, so be prepared to have another ad service if you want a worldwide, ad-supported product for now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New alternative payment - Accept common 3rd party gift cards as payment from users Wildcard1012 0 8,037 Jun 18, 2014 05:59 PM
Last Post: Wildcard1012
  Form of payment of Apple to Devs ale7714 2 6,256 Feb 14, 2011 01:03 PM
Last Post: ale7714
  Apple payment system eReigadas 3 5,884 Sep 7, 2010 08:32 AM
Last Post: MattDiamond