Core Audio SDK Code Examples

Hi. Can somebody please tell me where I can acquire the code samples from the Core Audio SDK? I think Core Audio is now included with Xcode but the Core Audio documentation still claims you can download the SDK seperately when you can't.

I would like to get started in doing some audio programming on my Mac and iPod but I can't because I can't load the examples that the documentation refers to.

If anybody can point me to a link or would be kind enough to let me download a ZIP of the source examples I would really appreciate it. I've been in touch with Apple - they were of little help - they provided me with a link to the Core Audio Overview document.. which of course I already have.

Cheers
Sparky
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
The "SDK" which is mainly some examples and wrapper code, I think is basically useless now because half of the examples don't apply and the wrapper code (CAPublicUtility) was full of uses of deprecated functions. It used to be part of several examples, but I can't find any at the moment.

You can ignore it. You certainly don't need it to use Core Audio.
(Mar 20, 2011 10:31 AM)SethWillits Wrote:  The "SDK" which is mainly some examples and wrapper code, I think is basically useless now because half of the examples don't apply and the wrapper code (CAPublicUtility) was full of uses of deprecated functions. It used to be part of several examples, but I can't find any at the moment.

You can ignore it. You certainly don't need it to use Core Audio.

Thanks Seth. Yeah I'm toying with the idea of using SDL for all of my audio at the moment since its more of an open platform choice.
Apprentice
See my page of programming examples for iPhone/iOS for some CoreAudio examples that are implemented in Objective-C. These examples are easy to understand and are placed in the public domain so there are no license issues to worry about:

http://www.modejong.com/iOS/

These xcode projects will open and compile with no problems, and they provide a much better way to learn about CoreAudio than looking at the API docs.
(Jun 8, 2011 08:33 PM)mdejong1024 Wrote:  See my page of programming examples for iPhone/iOS for some CoreAudio examples that are implemented in Objective-C. These examples are easy to understand and are placed in the public domain so there are no license issues to worry about:

Hey thats great, thanks. I've done my work in C++ with SDL so far but I'm sure the day may come where I may want to optimise it for iOS.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Using Core Animation for 2D-Games? Tyler 4 5,605 Oct 27, 2007 07:25 AM
Last Post: maximile
  openAL, QuickTime, or Core Audio? Lord Vader 16 8,937 Jul 25, 2005 10:00 PM
Last Post: aarku
  Core Image, will it help? DudetheCreator 4 4,425 May 12, 2005 06:18 PM
Last Post: DudetheCreator
  Core Audio mutlichannel audio tachyon 2 6,118 Mar 18, 2005 01:04 AM
Last Post: tachyon