Any compile options to reduce file size?

My app grew in size quite a bit when I added open feint. If i compress it, I can get it down to 10.5 megs. First does anyone know for sure if its the compressed size that matters for the 10 meg limit?

Secondly, the "exe" itself is 2 megs, compressed down to 600k Is there some compile options that might help with that?
Quote this message in a reply
-Os
I see that in man gcc but I can't find the actual description of what it means. Does it have a more generic name that I could google on? Googling -Os or -Olevel(which is what is in the man) doesn't come up with anything. Also its hard to tell but in the man it looks like a 0 not an O. Not sure if its just the font or what.
Luminary
-Os (minus capital-oh lower-ess) is "optimize for size". It's unlikely to make a huge difference, though, and I think is the default for a release build in Xcode (you *are* measuring a release build aren't you?)

-dead_strip (linker flag) will remove any code the linker can prove is unreachable, which might or might not help. It doesn't help much with ObjC, but I dunno what you've got.

-fvisibility=hidden could conceivably make a difference for C++ code, but potentially requires some effort on your part to mark certain symbols as visible.
Apprentice
kendric Wrote:I see that in man gcc but I can't find the actual description of what it means.

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Optimize-Options.html
I can try the dead strip. My code is obj c but the open feint code is a mix of c++ and obj c so maybe it might help there. And yeah Im measuring release. Anyone know about the zip thing for which size matters for the 10 meg limit?
I believe it is the compressed size of the zip that matters.