3D engines with character animation

Sage
Can you recommend any open source 3D graphics or game engines that support character animation and you can export animations to it from blender?

I tried out ogre and panda but neither are working properly on mac.

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Quote this message in a reply
There aren't many that I know of that will import animation from blender.
Try looking in:
http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthrea...post152123
iGame3D supports character animation, but I don't understand why you would export to Blender? To modify the animations, textures, model?

Dan Lurie created a partial Blender to iGame3D exporter, didn't get to the level of supporting the bones though, or textures I think.

It's open source, so you could always create some C code, or probably even Lua, or who knows even make iGame3D a Python program if you really must have such functionality.

I was hoping a switch from our proprietary format to Collada would make all this import/export to individual formats and 3D programs a quaint thing of the past, but Tobi's been AWOL since uDevGames.

My Blender Tutor Guide #01 has been sitting here unused for eight years, I wonder how much of it is actually still valid.
Sage
I had a look at baja but one of the demos crashed so it seemed a bit too flakey for me. Any more suggestions please?

I am starting to despair.

wait, you want to be able to export objects from the game and load them in blender, or the other way around?

Irrlicht is supposed to handle animations exported from blender pretty well (it loads .x and .obj), although its skeletal animation support is still kind of shaky (speaking from experience here >.>). I haven't had a chance to try it on the mac yet, though.

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
Sage
I can't build that.
All I want to be able to do is create an animated character in blender (or any other free 3D editing program) and export it for use in a 3D game.

Any other suggestions please?

Sage
I reformatted my HD and installed all the deps manually and have done various tweaks and such, finally have succeeded in compiling Ogre and some of the samples!