Sweepstakes for marketing! Anyone tried this?

Apprentice
Hey everyone =D

I recently released an App called Fly-n-BOOM! and was thinking of doing a sweepstakes to market it, being an independent developer I'm finding out you need to be pretty clever to get any exposure. =P But, I'm concerned if there are any legal issues with this.

My idea is:

Through Facebook, Twitter and my website I would state the rules. The reward would be a gift card or gifted app that costs some amount. The criteria would be, you would have to go on the App Store and download the LITE (FREE) version of the App and give it an honest review on the App Store. Then, at the end of a week or so I would randomly pick a winner by choosing a name from the reviews given in the App Store in that time-frame.

The CONDITIONS would be: There has to be at least 100 new reviews, or the contest is VOID. This would encourage people to tell there friends to enter too.

This would HOPEFULLY help the Lite App get more exposure. While at the same time avoiding it being a lottery, because there is no "condition" to enter, you don't have to pay any money.

Anyone tried anything like this? Are there legal issues involved? Either with Facebook or the government or even Apple?

Thanks so much for any advice! =D

- Michael Smith
Quote this message in a reply
Apprentice
I am also wondering if anyone else has had any similar successful marketing ideas that are outside of the box. =D I think it's pretty important to discuss these techniques to compete with the big guys hehe.

Hope to hear from someone soon! Take care everyone.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Marketing a free game chvid 10 1,036 Oct 14, 2014 10:54 AM
Last Post: chvid
  Iphone Marketing - Kodex's article EndeavorBros 1 2,511 Sep 1, 2009 10:25 AM
Last Post: WeHeartGames
  Marketing via Admob gatti 4 3,350 Jan 29, 2009 09:09 AM
Last Post: jrbosser