3D question

Apprentice
Hi guys,

An iPhone game I'm working on will have different car parts that fall from one conveyor to the other and my question is, how to I go about doing the parts if I need them to be done from all angles? I need this for situations where the part was going on one side, fell on the lower conveyor and it's placement was changed as a result of a fall...

Is it best to draw the part in 3D, or draw different angles of the part by hand, and than switch PNG files as necessary?! What do you think is the best way to do something like this?!

Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks,

Stan
Quote this message in a reply
I think that you could have two or three possible different angle images for each part and then some set 'falling on conveyer belt' animations consisting of a few images depicting the part falling and rotating.

Alternatively you could just go 3D, I wouldn't personally use 360 (or less) images depicting different angles.

~ Bring a Pen ~
Apprentice
@Mikey: Thanks man, I too am inclined to go with the first option, because to re-create all the parts in 3D will be a real pain in the ass, not to mention very expensive because I'm not a 3D guy...
No problem, good luck with your game!

~ Bring a Pen ~