Help test out Chipmunk's auto-geometry stuff in your entry!

Sage
So I've been sitting on some mostly finished code to vectorize anti-aliased images for quite some time. It uses marching squares to extract a subpixel (or hard pixel) boundary, then simplifies the curves. It can also generate convex hulls, but I haven't implemented convex decomposition yet. It's fast enough to do realtime deformable terrain.

It's a paid part of Objective-Chipmunk/Chipmunk Pro that is currently included with Objective-Chipmunk (as of 5.3.5 heh) in an as-is-not-finished state. So we aren't just giving it all away.

Even if you aren't using Chipmunk in your entry, it's a more or less completely separate component. You can use it to get a vector contour of a terrain image or sprites and generate convex hulls for them. Currently it only has a simple C API so it should be easy to integrate into whatever language you are using.

Send me an email at slembcke on gmail if you have entered the competition and you are interested in helping us test it out and make API suggestions. I'll probably use it as an offline tool for my game and I Diordna was thinking about using it for his Worms style game for realtime terrain.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Consider using libstem for your uDevGames entry! ThemsAllTook 2 5,176 Jul 1, 2011 02:10 PM
Last Post: stevejohnson
  Entry OK? pinguoren 8 5,694 Mar 4, 2009 03:51 PM
Last Post: pinguoren
  Long lost uDev entry.. Johan 8 5,674 Jan 29, 2009 02:46 AM
Last Post: Johan
  OMG Entry: Retrovirus Testing DDustin 17 10,254 Dec 26, 2005 01:08 AM
Last Post: DDustin
  OMG entry: "Fylakas" testers and feedback dfmoore 19 9,306 Dec 12, 2005 09:05 PM
Last Post: dfmoore