Oathbreaker

Hi everyone - one week in to uDG 2011 and it's time to create a dev blog thread.

I've put some initial information on my uDG Entry page http://udevgames.com/entries/211.

Progress so far:

Set up a publicly accessible linux box to act as server for the game.
Tested basic client and server apps, communicating via serialised XML (thanks TinyXML!) over BSD sockets.

Next steps:

Turn throw-away prototype into initial client & server programs
Put everything in SVN
Build GUI for the client
Turn all the ideas floating in my head into an implementation plan and prioritise!

Cheers

- Iain
Quote this message in a reply
Sadly I'm going to have to drop out of uDG this time around since I just don't have the time I need to work on my entry. I'll look forward to playing the rest of the entries during the voting period though!

Cheers

- Iain

P.S. I couldn't find any way to remove my entry from the uDG site, so if someone knows how to do this please let me know (or if it needs an admin, go ahead and do it).
=(
I hear you. I worked on my own entry for a week or so, but it fizzled out before I'd even bothered to register for the contest..

Better luck next time, to both of us.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
I was tempted to abuse my mod powers and delete your second post as a form of denial.

Sad

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Thanks for the kind words! I guess the fact that since I last entered uDG, I've managed to accrue 3 kids and a new job, means I don't really have the time to match my ambitions...
(Aug 3, 2011 12:53 AM)IBethune Wrote:  Thanks for the kind words! I guess the fact that since I last entered uDG, I've managed to accrue 3 kids and a new job, means I don't really have the time to match my ambitions...

I would say 3 kids is pretty ambitious Ninja
⌘-R in Chief
Well this is sad to hear. Sad

You can drop out now by unchecking a checkbox on the team profile page. You can re-enter later if you want.