cannot connect development device to Windows iTunes

So I made a new account with apple just for developing, went through the provisioning assistant etc, got my game on the Touch. This is on the Mac laptop I have which is very old and very slow and generally a POS. The Touch was initially set up on my Windows PC where I keep my music and iTunes. But now, after the provisioning, whenever I connect it to the Windows machine, it says "an iPhone has been detected but it cannot be recognized, please reconnect" How can I get my iPod touch to work with both computers and accounts, the Mac developer account and my regular apple account on my PC?

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
Have you tried restarting the PC and the iPod? I don't have a problem connecting my device to multiple computers, but have seen that message and a restart worked.
Also make sure you are running the same version of iTunes on both machines.
I have tried the restarts...didn't work. I'll check the versions.
Keep in mind that these are two different apple accounts, is it possible to connect my device to both?
fixed it: I had to remove a CD RW from the drive. How ******** is that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  iTunes Connect Test User acting like real user jonhud 1 4,393 Apr 3, 2012 12:58 AM
Last Post: sefiroths
  What to use for URL to my game in iTunes/AppStore? Jamie W 4 6,547 May 28, 2010 01:49 PM
Last Post: AndyKorth
  Submitting Updates to iTunes Connect and Review Times Bersaelor 4 9,802 May 26, 2010 09:51 AM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  iTunes Connect oddity kendric 0 1,920 Mar 30, 2010 07:06 AM
Last Post: kendric
  Can you use an iPod touch as a development/test device? lindsay 3 3,773 Jun 9, 2009 07:42 AM
Last Post: riruilo