Flash viable for use in objective C?

Nibbie
So I have read a little bit on the forums and I am a first time poster, hopefully I will not get flamed hard for this I am sad to say very very new at programing. My question is learning how to create games in Adobe flash a plausible launching point into porting the code over into objective C for use on an iphone? I'm just not clear on how flexible objective C is or if it is even possible to bring animation and interaction of objects over from flash.

Sorry for the long post and hopefully this wasn't addressed in another post, any input would be helpful in me focusing my efforts into my eventual game I hope to make one day.
Quote this message in a reply
Long post? Hehe, that's barely a sentence around here! Wink

The only thing you could really do in Flash is prototype your game. None of it besides the graphics and audio will be able to move over to the iPhone. I suspect that some day Flash may be available for iPhone, although there are many around here who would argue that Flash sucks. Personally, I think Flash is okay, even though it's horrible on resources and performance.

You'll do a little Objective-C on iPhone, but usually we mostly stick to C/C++, although you can certainly use Objective-C for your entire iPhone game if you so chose to do so. Pretty much, you'll need to learn C first before you do Objective-C anyway.

It'll be a long haul if you want to learn to develop for iPhone but don't know anything about programming yet.

Good luck! Smile
AnotherJake's right. If you're new to programming don't worry about platforms and just do whatever interests you for now. Since you mentioned it, Flash is a great tool for learning games programming, but just about anything will work as long as you dedicate yourself to it.
Congratulations! Most new people (I've seen) start off with 1337speak, sadly, but you took time to do a decent post.

You really can't use flash for much of any stage of iPhone developement. Closest is prototyping, but you would be better off just learning C, Objective-C, Cocoa, then OpenGL, the whole routine that we recommend all too often Wink
Nibbie
Thanks for the input I am currently learning as much about objective C as I can. The prototyping is a good idea for flash though I appreciate the insight. Gotta say I love this forum I don't Know how long it will take me to put something viable out on the iphone but thanks to this forum fairly certain it will only take half the time it would have without it.
Apprentice
I remember that when I started to make an iPhone app, my biggest problem was not Objective-C as much as Cocoa in general. I know that learning to read the documentation is one of the most valuable things you can do.

tip: I like looking at class references for specific things like how to receive touches on a view, but guides are useful for generic things like drawing or GUI. Also, if you can't find something in a class reference, look at the superclass.

The main thing that is important about Objective-C is its object-orientedness.

The change to syntax is relatively simple, and the resting is learning about Cocoa. (like knowing that when you make a subclass of NSObject you will most likely start with init and dealloc).

Another thing that may save you a ton of time is learning about OOP concepts like protocols, delegates, etc., and understanding some of memory issues (like the difference between assign and retain, when to release something, how to debug a leak, etc)