Idea

I have to see what fits him first. There's the Victorian maid possibility too.

respect,
pk

iFrog is coming.
Quote this message in a reply
(Dec 21, 2011 10:07 PM)OneSadCookie Wrote:  Not original enough. http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post...&id=587510

I'm not on the same page as this anymore, but remember everybody: you can never unsee something.

ipeku Wrote:Nurse/Japanese School girl?
We're not thinking broadly enough. He's a lumberjack transvestite that's being repressed by nuns, so obviously he wants to dress as either...
* a nun
* hooker (too predictable, since every girl in video games looks close to this anyway)
* a female t-rex / dinosaur / other animal
He wants to dress as a female, but not in women's clothing... instead, as female animals of the forest.
Or am I now veering into offensive territory?

(Eddie Izard is fantastic... how about he dresses like him, the executive transvestite comedian?)

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
(Dec 22, 2011 09:50 AM)funkboy Wrote:  
(Dec 21, 2011 10:07 PM)OneSadCookie Wrote:  Not original enough. http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post...&id=587510

I'm not on the same page as this anymore, but remember everybody: you can never unsee something.

ipeku Wrote:Nurse/Japanese School girl?
We're not thinking broadly enough. He's a lumberjack transvestite that's being repressed by nuns, so obviously he wants to dress as either...
* a nun
* hooker (too predictable, since every girl in video games looks close to this anyway)
* a female t-rex / dinosaur / other animal
He wants to dress as a female, but not in women's clothing... instead, as female animals of the forest.
Or am I now veering into offensive territory?

(Eddie Izard is fantastic... how about he dresses like him, the executive transvestite comedian?)

Jeah.... It has to be just enough "higher frequencies". Can't put my finger on it yet...

respect,
pk

iFrog is coming.

I retract my statement. Also, what the hell!
Maybe he rides the T-Rex into battle?
Alex
[Image: dress.jpeg]

About the dress: I think it can be any good looking dress, white, red, or yellow. They can be power-ups. Like, the white dress makes you fly for example.

respect,
pk

iFrog is coming.
Now I'm thinking about the scenery. For me, monsters are pretty easy to come up with but not scenery.

I'm thinking it could take inspiration from games like Golden Axe but then again I'm thinking about looking at Asterix albums and taking inspiration from there. Uderzo draws really nice looking forest scenery...

respect,
pk

iFrog is coming.
OK. These are the facts:

Place: Medieval France

Jack (Jaques) has been raised by nuns. Nobody (mysteriously) has ever talked about who his parents are. His profession is a lumberjack and he's a cross-dresser (note: not transvestite). He likes to dress in wedding clothes.

It's a 2D side scrolling game kind of like golden axe. With forest and possibly some castle scenery (Level 1). Monsters include, trees, fish and ghouls. Power-ups: wedding dress (but otherwise he's dressed like a lumberjack) and T-rex. While he's on a T-rex he shoots rocks/bombs by using a slingshot.

Along the way there's wooden booths (like in wonderboy in monsterland) where there's a chemist (the same graphic always) selling medicine, knifes and axes. There are also power-up pills along the way.

Now what I think is missing still is a friend character and the objective of course. Where is he going and why?

Note: I'm busy for about a year so I won't have time to create this game. However, I'll keep posting here if I get new ideas.

respect,
pk

iFrog is coming.
This is my favorite thread.

I really think that the powerup vitamins should make him be able to do the splits while in a wedding dress. That way, you can call the game Limber Jaques: The Lumberjack

Ballet shoes help him do pirouettes over the evil ghoul fish, and since we're in france, a splash of absinthe is all he needs to be a spinning, limber, crazy "jack"knife-wielding hero.

Original Music and Sound Design for Video Games
http://www.harrymack.com