can i create graphic external display for debug purpose?

i have a tree for AI, and game graphics.
i'd like to display the game graphic on iphone simulator or device, and other graphic (tree) in another window like nslogs.
it is possible?
thanks
Quote this message in a reply
Possible, but you'd have a number of hoops to jump through to get it to work. Your best bet would probably be to run an independent inspector application which opens a listening socket, and have your iPhone app connect to that socket and send it data while it's running.

On the simulator, this is easy enough since it's on the same machine and can connect to localhost; however, when you're running your app on a device, you'll need to either have it on the same wi-fi network as the computer hosting the graphic inspector, or do some wizardry with your network router to allow incoming connections to your computer from outside. You'd also have varying degrees of latency depending on how you're connecting and a few other factors.
wow sounds interesting!
so the inspector application doesn't need to be an iphone app, but could be a imac app,
and if i use cocos2d the inspector application should be another iphone/ipad app isn't it?
thanks
I assume it would be more practical for it to be a Mac app, yeah. I'm not entirely sure how Cocos2D comes into it; it sounds like you're saying you want to build the inspector using it? There's a desktop version of Cocos2D, isn't there? (I haven't used it myself so I don't really know how it works.)
thanks i'll try and post some results
many thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  need help reading output debug sefiroths 2 5,018 Jan 27, 2011 09:16 AM
Last Post: sefiroths