Feedback on Gameplay Video Requested

bruss14 Wrote:Getting a bit off topic, what do you guys use to record the screen (simulator)? I've tried a couple different programs. Snapz Pro is nice, but pricey.

I used ScreenFlow which , at $100, is even more pricey ...
Quote this message in a reply
Screenflick(http://www.araelium.com/screenflick)

EDIT: ThemsAllTook beat me to it. Ninja

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
You used the simulator but with device touch inputs? How did you do that?
Take a look at the accelermeter-simulator code.

Follow the instructions for getting it set up to broadcast accelerometer input to the simulator from your device. Once you know that is all working you can start hacking at the code.

If you look at the NetworkView class you'll see where all the messaging stuff happens to send the accelerometer input to the simulator - I didn't know anything about this kind of code before looking but I just tacked the touch input events onto the end of the accelerometer object and message. Then in your game you can deal with the touch inputs that are broadcast however you like.

In order to get the touch events in the AccSim app you'll either have to create a new view (because the standard views have UI stuff on them) or do the extremely hack-worthy method I did which was to scale all the UI stuff I don't need down to very small in Interface Builder! Wink
Thanks. I will take a look at this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  how do you record gameplay videos on the device? aerospaceman 4 5,101 May 24, 2011 07:35 AM
Last Post: aerospaceman
  Moving Balls Game User Interface : Help Requested syednab 6 4,481 Oct 1, 2008 06:56 PM
Last Post: syednab