Corona SDK - good choice?

Nibbie
Hi there,

I'm planing to use some easy accessible iOS engine/framework. I found coronaSDK (anscamobile.com) and was wonder if you guys used it before and if it's really that good?

I saw some really nice games made with it like: Float, Blast Monkey or Gravity Maze (this one is very well done!).

Any comments on that?
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
why not cocos2d? very nice and easy Smile
it's perfect for 2d games and "noob friendly" Wink

Ap3x
Apprentice
I think Cocos2d is better and easy to use
Apprentice
I'll give a vote for Corona SDK* -- I've been using it for a little over a year now and while there are tradeoffs you have to live with, for most games I think it's a better option.

Unless you're more into programming than game development. Seriously, some people just like programming and there's nothing wrong with that. But if your desire is to create a game instead of being a programmer, Corona's probably a better fit. There's still programming required, of course, but less of it than with other options.

Jay

* Full disclosure -- as of early February I'm a contractor for Ansca Mobile, maker of Corona SDK. But even before then I was a fan of the framework -- do a search on the forum and you'll see me singing its praises long ago. Wink

http://GameDevNation.com - Corona SDK Tips and Tutorials

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Language of choice for iPhone/iPod development jhhoward 2 2,885 Jul 7, 2009 08:43 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake