How to get more downloads?

Nibbie
I just finished my first iPhone app. What is the best way to advertise it? Any one have good suggestions?
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
Congtarulations!)) What app is it?
I suggest you to create an acount for this app on Twitter, Facebook and other social nets. Find peole with the same interests ( gaming for example) follow them or add to your friends and tweet them information about your app.
There are some threads with the same questions on this forum you can check them out on
''iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development'' place.
Good Luck))
Nibbie
Btw, do you know that according to the latest marketing and advertising guidelines from App Store you should place devices' names as follows: iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch?Smile) My suggestion for the app advertising would be to use a marketing agency where they surely know what promoting ways to choose for your new app. I have not had to market it myself spending a lot of time and money. They usually work out from your budget and already have a few reliable marketing technics. From my experience, among effective ones are submitting it to the review sites, promotion via Facebook page and Twitter account...
Nibbie
Some tips to market your iphone application and get more downloads
Market your Website, not only App Store Page.
Put more relevant content on your app Website
Publish press releases about your application
Your app Title should be more attractive in apple app store
Create promotional video for your app
Submit your app to app review websites
Lots of good ideas here. I definitely have to agree with a website. A lot of games I play, I want to find out more information or have a forum to talk to other people about the game in particular, but I can't for the life of me find any website about the game and sometimes not even of the developer at all! Traffic to the website, where you host all your games, may be a good way to increase hits on all those games in the app store.

Original Music and Sound Design for Video Games
http://www.harrymack.com
Apprentice
If you can, a game trailer is nice to have, especially when submitting your app for review at various sites. A 30 sec video is much easier to digest for most people than even a couple of paragraphs of text.
Apprentice
With regard to distributing a press release, can recommend prMac. They have done a good job for us. And provide a report after the fact to show you where you got visibility.
Hi!
Start with working on your App Store description. Make it more appealing to users. Also, SEO-optimize by using relevant keywords in its title, body and tags.
As already mentioned before, reach out to the reviewers. The more coverage you get, the better. Again, write a quality review request, include screenshots, video, and don't forget to provide promo-codes.
Use press-release distribution services.
Use forums like this to tell about your game.
Set up FB and Twitter pages (if you haven't done this already) and interact with your followers. Post regularly, communicate with them, make small contests, etc...
Also, integrate the game with Game Center and social networks (if you haven't done this already) to allow users share their results with others.
Going free for a limited period can be good also. At least it will help to make a game more visible on the App Store (as well as other resources that track apps going free).
Apply analytical tools (such as Flurry SDK, AppAnie, etc.) and keep track of your stats. This will allow you to see which measure was effective and which wasn't.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!
Nibbie
You can try OrionExchange.com - The Free Mobile Application Advertising Platform/Cross-Promotional Banner Exchange.

Simply install our SDK to start serving ads, earn Credits and advertise! Alternatively, you can purchase Credits.

Also, here are a few other ideas.

1.) Pinterest - Make sure to visit 'orionexchange.blogspot.com' as I will be posting about this soon.

2.) Fiverr Gigs - Same as above, post to come soon.

3.) A Wordpress website.

4.) Send your Apps to free review websites.

5.) prMac review.

6.) Forum Posting with your Application link.

7.) Try to swap free reviews with other users, it will help you get up the rankings.

Good luck & I wish you every success.
Apprentice
Depending on what kind of App is it and if it is a Game. Then you could try posting a Press Release to websites like GamesPress. Which is a resource for Games Journalists. It doesn't gurantee you coverage but it will allow for users to search for you.
Apprentice
I've been marketing a few different games at the same time and I feel like posting on forums/asking for reviews on websites is what everyone else around me is doing. I'm looking for ways that think outside the box and do something that no one else is doing. Any ideas?
⌘-R in Chief
Unless it is a website specifically for reviews, posting on forums asking for reviews is a bad idea. It only makes other people hate you for "spamming." It's poor etiquette.
Apprentice
You misread what I wrote. I meant posting on forums and asking for reviews on websites. I made the mistake of posting in the wrong thread yesterday but in no way am I a spammer. I usually post in the correct section where other people are doing the same thing as I.