iOS games in the cloud/where to begin?

Nibbie
Hi, I am newbie here. May I ask something..

is it possible for me to develop iphone game application that can be integrated with cloud server???
so the game can be played if the phone connect into internet..

sorry for terrible explanation..
Quote this message in a reply
(Mar 13, 2012 10:08 PM)RioMako Wrote:  is it possible for me to develop iphone game application that can be integrated with cloud server?

Yes, it is possible - I know of at least a couple of iOS games which cannot be played without the player having an internet connection.

Also: welcome to the forums Wink

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Nibbie
Thanks for the feedback..

May have another question ?

is there another code for that to store the game into the cloud server and which cloud service that may support iOS ?

what kind of tools may useful for game development on iphone and what kind of programming language I need to use it?

Hope we can cooperate in the future...

Thanks.
Okay, I've split this thread so redrath2 doesn't get spammed with spurious reply notification emails...

(Mar 14, 2012 06:26 PM)RioMako Wrote:  is there another code for that to store the game into the cloud server and which cloud service that may support iOS ?

Can you clarify your question? As of iOS 5, Apple's own iCloud APIs let you develop apps which save data to the cloud - I believe Infinity Blade 2 uses those APIs - but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for...

(Mar 14, 2012 06:26 PM)RioMako Wrote:  what kind of tools may useful for game development on iphone and what kind of programming language I need to use it?

There is an overview of iOS game development here.

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Nibbie
Thanks for give me another Thread for it..

Actually I just start research about cloud computing. So if my question is not clearly enough, I'm apologize.

So, iOS itself have another cloud service for them. Basically, I just need to create the game then I store my game into iCloud or there is another way?

Thanks for the feedback..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Begin with game Matteo Gobbi 1 2,115 Oct 11, 2008 12:46 PM
Last Post: Lostlogic
  Before I begin... (iPhone/iPod touch) sealfin 4 3,659 Oct 1, 2008 08:47 AM
Last Post: JustinFic